• 4 medium red bell peppers
• 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
• 1/2 cup beef broth, divided (We used this new vegetarian meat stuff from Morningstar. Very delicious. And yes, a little part of me died inside. Here’s one of my man cards).
• 1 cup cooked long-grain white rice, cooled
• 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 3/4 pound ground sirloin
• 2 cups water
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 3/4 cup chopped onion
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/4 teaspoon sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
• 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
• 4 lemon wedges
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Cut tops off bell peppers; reserve (We threw them away). Discard seeds. Place peppers in a microwave-safe baking dish; cover with damp paper towel. Microwave at HIGH 6 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. (DO NOT TOUCH THE HOT PEPPERS WITH YOUR BARE HANDS. Ask me how I know.)
3. Combine 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/4 cup broth, and next 5 ingredients. Divide beef mixture among peppers; top with tops. Pour 2 cups water into dish; cover. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle peppers with 1/4 cup parsley.
This last step is for some sauce. The original recipe didn’t say what to do with it, so we just spread it around the peppers. Delicioso.
4. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan. Add onion; sauté for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; sauté for 30 seconds. Add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/4 cup broth, tomatoes, and the next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup parsley and yogurt. Serve with lemons.