Well, after a very relaxing week-long vacation, I got back to work on the airplane.
I had previously prepped and primed three right leading edge ribs, so I figured this was a good time to get them permanently assembled.
Here’s a shot of the leading edge and the three ribs 50% clecoed.
After setting half of them, I removed the clecos.
Guess who made an appearance when she heard the rivet gun.
I’m pretty sure when Jack heard the rivet gun, he headed underneath the bed.
After all was said and done, I had 87 rivets set, none needed to be drilled out.
Here are some shop head shots.
I just HAD to set it on the skeleton to see how it looked.
It was soooo light without all of those clecos.
Then, I started pulling out the blue plastic. I only pulled out the sections where I didn’t need more riveting or where the leading edge landing light is going to go.
Sometimes, I worry that my careful devinyling lines are a little overboard, but then I see these primer edges, and it makes the extra time worth it.
One hour today, and 87 perfect rivets.
(Honesty alert: I did have two small dings, both on the top surface. I hate it when I forget to start with the bottom, where no one will see any mistakes.)