I got in 30 minutes cleaning the remaining left HS ribs and getting a coat of self-etching primer on both sides. After looking at last night’s primed ribs, I am still very happy with the decision to use self-etching primer.
I was going to put in an hour or two dimpling the left HS skin with the pop-rivet dimplers, but I broke another nail (I should point out this is a real nail, not my fingernail), and getting frustrated, started questioning using the pop-rivet dimplers for the skins. Then I decided to test out the dimples with an AN4263-3.5 rivet. Here is the result:
I am not very happy with the dimples from the pop-rivet dimples. I am going to put these back in the tool chest, and only use them in tight places. Tomorrow, I am going start asking around for a c-frame to use on the skins.
I also worked for 30 minutes on preliminary edge-prep for the VS ribs, but I’m going to log that under another post.