Well, with a few short minutes available to me in the garage tonight, I tied up a couple loose-end rivets and started on a new little mini project.
First, I pulled off the right flap and set these nine rivets with my economy squeezer. No big deal.
Then, with about 15 minutes left, I pulled out the inspection covers.
Up to the drawing to see what hardware is needed.
Uh oh. There’s another set of hardware there on the left for the forward side of the inspection covers.
I drilled the first forward edge to #19 drill size, then dimpled for a #8 screw.
After trying to fit a #8 screw into a #6 nutplate, I realized my mistake, and drilled them correctly on the other 2 (I’m only working 3 at a time.)
But, I kept at it, and borrowed one of the left wing’s covers (they aren’t handed, just one of the ones that were allocated for the left wing.)
0.5 hour, 9 rivets.
Time to go run!