Whoa, two days in a row! With just a couple hours of riveting left, I knew I was close to finishing when I got the bottom skin on yesterday, so I made some time today to finish up.
Once again, I wasn’t in the habit of taking a lot of pictures, though, so you get some intermediate ones, and a couple finished pics.
After getting some of the rib-to-skin rivets set, I clecoed the spar in place with the hinge along the bottom edge, then flipped the flap so the top skin was up, and did my every-other-rivet taping.
Before actually riveting any of the skins on, I made sure to do the blind rivets for the spar-to-rib rivets.
Whoa. I ran out after the exact correct amount. I’ll have to order more before moving on to the right flap.
Then, I totally stopped taking pictures, but finished the flap.
I’m starting to realize that I’m going to have dings in the project, and they are going to be visible. I think the whole polished airplane thing went out the window, so hopefully by the time I paint the airplane, all the dings will be filled, and you will be none the wiser.
2 hours today, and 164 total rivets all over the place. Whew.