Well, another week later, and I managed to get out in the garage just once. I guess it’s better than nothing.
I decided to get some of the parts finished up and primed. I always like priming parts, because that’s usually what happens just before final assembly.
I started with the spar, spending quite a bit of time deburring, edge finishing, dimpling the upper flange (remember, the lower flange was countersunk to accomodate the skin, but not intrude into the hinge), and finally, some scuffing.
Then, I started in on the prep for the ribs, and I noticed that the aft flange of the interior ribs are only drilled to #40. As part of my normal prep work, I reread the plans to make sure I know which type and size of rivet goes in each hole. Apparantly, this one is supposed to be drilled to #30 for an AN470AD4- rivet.
So, to make some extra work for myself, I clecoed the ribs and spar back onto the lower skin (which has the “rear spar” built into it), and…
Drilled the holes to final, #30, size.
Finally, I spent another chunk of time prepping the rest of the ribs, and getting them cleaned up to take outside for priming.
Too bad I couldn’t put in more time….just 1.5 hours today. Blah.