Well, I think Joe might be coming over tomorrow or early next week, so I figured I’d do a few things while I wait for his rivet-shooting expertise.
One of the things that slowed us down a little bit last time was putting the rivets in the holes and putting a piece of tape over each rivet head.
I know I’m not following the standard pattern, so don’t do what I do when you get to this step.
It took about 45 minutes, but now I have all the plans-reading, rivet-legend confusion out of the way.
Looking for something else I could do, I grabbed some snap bushings and started putting them in all of the holes I’d drilled earlier. (Dear girlfriend, I know it is about 200°F outside right now, but MY beautiful picture of YOUR beautiful chili from that post is making me miss football season.)
While I’m doing that, I might as well feed this conduit in the 3/4″ hole in the ribs.
I probably could have gotten some from Lowe’s or something, but this stuff fit these 3/4″ holes perfectly.
Here’s a closeup of both the snap bushings and the conduit. had to use the flash so you could see under there.
Of course, I didn’t tell you that I had to uncleco the lower outboard skin, so my last trick for the evening was to re-cleco it. I could have waiting until during our riveting session tomorrow so I didn’t have to go off and on again with the skin, but I’d rather waste my time than Joe’s.
1.5 fairly boring hours.