So, while today is probably kind of boring for you…it’s exciting for me.
Why is it exciting for me? you ask…
Because I’m starting on the wing skins, and that means that coming up is some wing skin riveting, and that means that pretty soon, I’m going to have WINGS in my garage.
(Oh, also, I tricked the girlfriend into putting in some manual labor on the airplane. Ha. I’m so sneaky.)
First thing’s first. I ordered two new camera batteries. The one in the camera taking the picture says “12/09.” (Thanks, sister! Still one of the most used Christmas presents of all time! The one that replaced was the original from my Aunt Jan way back in 2002. Whoa.)
Okay, let’s get on with it. A few days ago, I was clecoing on the top skins and realized that I hadn’t finished matchdrilling them. I think I only got half of them done. (I’ll go check my entries from then…)
So, back to 50% clecoed, and out came the air drill.
After a loud 30 minutes of match drilling (“making loud noises”), I brought the wingwalk doubler and inboard top skin into the kitchen for some deburring and scuffing.
After mucho mucho more cramping fingers minutes, I had some deburred and scuffed inboard wing skins.
Next up for these will be to dimple, then prime, then rivet to the wing (after prepping the corresponding ribs).
Before that, though, let’s get the outboard top skin done.