Well, I snuck home over lunch today to make some loud noises (rivet gun) and I got the trim tab pretty much finished. I have one or two more “hard to reach” rivets to set, but for now, I’m going to call it done and focus my attention on the floors and the wings.
The tabs bottom rivets.
Here's the bottom of the tab.
Then, making sure to include the hinge (other builders have forgotten when the time comes to rivet), I got the top of the tab completed.
I do love those gold spars in the background.
Okay, so I’m a dork, and I had to get the hinge pin out and get the thing assembled.
Tab in trail...
Up tab (down elevator trim).
Down tab (up elevator trim). I still have some interference here from the shop heads of the bottom elevator rivets, but I'm going to wait until I'm rigging to sort this out any further.
A quick hour over lunch. 34 rivets set, 2 drilled out.
This entry was posted on Friday, August 20th, 2010 at 5:09 pm and is filed under Empennage. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
1) Fix rivets in right elevator
2) Trim right elevator weight
3) Clean up HS cuts
4) Look for underdriven rivets
5) REBUILD RUDDER :-(
6) Finish riveting right rear spar
7) Replace rivet on inboard rear spar edge
8) Start on left wing
9) FB tips on emp 10) Wingtips