Well, I did it.
At 10:35am PST this morning, I sent in my wing kit order.”]
Given the 13 week lead time, it should arrive sometime in…(counting)…August.
Don’t worry, I still need to do a few things before it arrives:
- finish up the right elevator
- start and finish the left elevator
- install the empennage tips
- clean up some edges
- build wing jigs (not jigs…”stands”)
- paint garage ceiling
- epoxy garage floor (maybe)
- build garage shelves in the same manner as workbenches
- buy and install wood floors on first floor (1000 sq ft.)
I think I can keep busy for a couple months.
Later Friday night, I heard back from Barb.
Andrew, you’ll have about 8 weeks to decide how to ship your kit, but you
will need to let me know before your ship date if you want to us any other
method other than by my normal freight company. Thanks for the order.
Then on Monday morning:
Andrew, it will cost about $359 to ship the wing kit to your door by ABF.
Now I need to contact Tony Partain to get an estimate through him.
Apparently, if you order the deluxe locking fuel caps, Van’s will credit you for the caps they normally send with the kit. That turns $210 deluxe locking fuel caps into $150 deluxe locking fuel caps. Wuhoo!