After 9 days of not working on the airplane, I finally made it out to the garage. In all fairness, though, I spent all last week working out hard, and preparing for a bachelor party at Snowshoe. West Virginia, right? Yup. It was actually pretty cool there. It was in the midst of the big blizzard that bent the east coast over last week, so Showshoe got somewhere around 20 inches of snow. Legend…wait for it…dary.
Anyway, I had previously drilled out the front spar(VS-702) to tip rib (VS-706) rivets, so here are the replacements. The one on the left doesn’t look all that good, but this is my third try, and I think I am going to leave good enough alone.
Then, I reset the VS-704 root rib to front spar rivets. I set the middle one fine, then messed up the outer two. Drill out, and reset them just fine on the second try.
Here’s a shot of the shop heads for those three rivets.
Next, the instructions tell you to cleco on the skin and start riveting. Here’s a shot of me getting ready to rivet.
Here’s a shot of some shop heads. You’ll have to click on the picture to see them.
More shop heads.
And one more…
After riveting one side of the skin, I had to head inside to watch UNC play Dook. (Yes, that is how you spell Dook.)
One hour today. I drilled out 3 rivets , set 5 rivets on the skeleton and 39 on the left VS skin. 44 total. Booyah.