“I need to get something other than deburring and dimpling tonight, so I think I will finish prepping the rear spars and rear spar reinforcement bars, prime, and maybe start riveting. We’ll see how it goes.”
That’s what I said to myself yesterday at about 2pm. Guess what I spent all night doing? Deburring and dimpling!
Then, I decided to finish prepping a few of the ribs. I’m going to prime a few components at a time while I am working on other stuff.
After deburring the left HS skin, I dimpled all the holes I could reach with my 3″ yoke, then broke out the pop-rivet dimple dies and started on the interior holes. I broke the nails used to squeeze the dies together on the first 3 holes consecutively, but then found a good sweet spot on the next two. Then it was time for bed. I don’t know whether I’ll continue with the pop-rivet dimple dies or opt for a c-frame. I think the c-frame is going to be loud, which means I can’t work late with it. Hmm.
I think I put in about 2.5 hours today.